Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The beginning of a new journey

Today is the eve of the beginning of a era for me. For the past 10 years I have been married, tonight 12pm I will no longer be married. Tomorrow as of 12:01 I will consider myself single after 11 years.
It feels surreal. I use to be very upset and anxious about this date, but not anymore.

I see this as the beginning of a new journey. The opportunity for me to take my lessons learned and put them to particle use. I separated on Aug 12th 2009, I filed for a divorce Dec 2011, it is now June 27th 2012 and I am single. I have experienced disappointments, heart ache, discovery, growth, and change. I am so blessed to see myself though to the end as a journey that has led to another bend in the road.

My life is wonderful I have experienced my serious of unfortunate events but through it all I am so happy on the other side of this.

There were plenty of times when I was not sure if I could breath another moment. There were times when I was not sure how I would pay my bills to buy food, there were even more days when I just couldn't think. And then I took responsibility for my actions, my self, my behaviors and my lack of behaviors.

I stopped hurting when I stopped feeling hurt. I stopped waiting on my happiness and I went out and found it. Happiness is within my reach so I stretched until I reached it.

Every day is yes. I wake up and choose yes or no. I keep it simple, yes or no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment